Sunday 1 March 2009

The story behind this picture.




I think every good picture, has a story behind them. Especially, when you get to take pictures of things that you find interesting. Sometimes, the case isn't so. It could be that a normal snapshot, can lead to something, that you will love and cherish for the rest of your life. I think this picture is one of them.

On 2007, Summer, I visited my brother who lived in Toronto at the moment, and I had never been to Toronto before, and I had rather low expectations. The funny thing was, that before Toronto, we visited New York, and I loved New York. I thought, that maybe Toronto is just a small city, and not that exciting.

It turned out to be completely the opposite, I loved Toronto. My brother lived in the center of the city, and one time I was walking around the town, thru Queen St., which is the hip-area of Toronto. A little bit like East London, or in my city Helsinki, the "Punavuori". The difference between this street is, that it is really really really long. You could walk like an hour, and you see shops and shops.

So I was walking with my camera, at that moment I had the Nikon D2X, a nice digital one, which had an awful high-Iso in all the pictures. Nowadays, I walk around the city mainly with my pocket camera, because I am tired of having 3kg's around my neck.
If anyone wants to buy a pocket camera, I would recommend the Panasonic Lumix Lx-3, the quality isn't supergood, but the lens is a 2.0, so it is fast and you can actually shoot low ISO-pictures in stores, bars, etc.

So, every picture has a story behind them, some stories are more interesting than the others. My story, mainly involved the fact, that I realized that Toronto became one of my favorite cities. The picture I took, was not planned in advance, it was a snapshot. I just saw a pair of legs, and amazing colours, and thought, this looks like an interesting shot. I still find it really interesting.

So, keep your camera with you, everywhere you go. You never know, what shot can become your favorite one.

No comments:

Post a Comment